Friday, April 8, 2011

Book/Movie Review: Rosemary's Baby



I am taking a Gothic literature & film class this semester and I love it! It's one of my favorite classes. Anyway, for the class we had to read Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin and we'll be watching the film on Tuesday.

As a semi-horror movie buff, I've already seen the movie and I've always really loved it. I was eager to read the book, and to my surprise, it's almost exactly like the film. However, in the transition from book to screen, I think something was gained! While the book is interesting and a fun read, I very much prefer the film. I think the visuals really make the story, and there's a slight enough difference for me to prefer one over the other.

I suggest the book, but I HIGHLY suggest the movie. This is a rare time when I'll suggest the movie over the book! Maybe you disagree with me! Let me know what you think.


Although this film is very famous for her chic short haircut, I love this cute bob.


I love this outfit! I'm dying for a Peter Pan collared shirt/dress.


Photobucket

Spooky!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment