Monday, April 4, 2011

Adventure Time: Miniature Museum


On this episode of Adventure Time...!


A couple of weeks ago, some close friends and I ventured to find Tucson's Miniature Museum. It's actually close to where I live, and we were eager to see what it was all about! Tucson has a lot of strange and fun places, and I love to go see what they're all about!

The Miniature Museum was almost impossible to take pictures of the items, which were all behind glass, so I only have a few. You'll have to use your imagination, or take a trip down to see for yourself!

As you can see from the picture above, there were three doors to the miniature museum. One very big one (for giants, I guess), one normal one, and a tiny one next to it. Pretty cute!

There was this sign warning us not to go into the staff door... Warlocks, huh!

This is me posing with a little miniature shelf of books. Everything is so small, I'd have to make my pictures gigantic to see the real detail! The artists were all very incredible.

They had little miniature "shops" to look at, among the vast assortment of dollhouses and historical miniatures. This little show was my favorite- a pink cake shop!

There were different sections of the museum with different purposes. My favorite section was the Enchanted Room, naturally. This big tree was in the middle, with three faces to describe the three aspects of the room: a happy face, for the miniature magic scenes they had, a frozen face for the Christmas scenes, and a dead face (pictured here!) for the spooky Halloween scenes.

It was a really fun experience, but honestly, a little creepy! It was like a dollhouse museum, with strange dolls enacting sometimes very strange scenes. It was just very uncanny, all the little dolls! It was really fun, though, and we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment